By Markus Dickinson, Chris Brew
Language and Computers introduces scholars to the basics of the way pcs are used to symbolize, method, and manage textual and spoken info. thoughts are grounded in real-world examples normal to scholars’ stories of utilizing language and desktops in daily life.
- A real-world creation to the basics of the way pcs procedure language, written particularly for the undergraduate viewers, introducing key techniques from computational linguistics.
- Offers a entire clarification of the issues pcs face in dealing with usual language
- Covers a huge spectrum of language-related functions and matters, together with significant laptop purposes concerning common language and the social and moral implications of those new developments
- The booklet makes a speciality of real-world examples with which scholars can establish, utilizing those to discover the know-how and the way it works
- Features “under-the-hood” sections that supply better element on chosen complicated themes, rendering the publication acceptable for extra complex classes, or for autonomous learn by way of the inspired reader.